Monday, October 15, 2007

Uncle Giuseppes' Market

Sorry my computer crashed with a virius so I am in the process of getting a new PC. I went to Trader Joe's yesterday with my financee and bought some gluten-free ginger snaps. I havent actually eaten them yet so I cant offer any opinion on them. The price was right though 1.99 for a nice size bag.

If you live in Long Island Uncle Giuseppe's Market is the place to go. It's a private family owned smaller type of supermarket with an excellant butcher and catering department. But if you must check out the Gluten-Free section which is constantly expanding. They have foods from Every Body Eats. I always buy the six pack of cupcakes (3 each of chocolate and vanilla with icing) from the grainless baker. They have most types of gluten free pasta especially some imported from Italy. They even have the Red Bridge Gluten Free beer by Budwiser. There website is www.uncleg.com. I shop in the East Meadow location since it is across the street from the hospital where I work. I even emailed them thanking them for the support they give by offering such a choice of gluten free foods.

No comments: