Tuesday, November 6, 2007

The Gluten Free Market in Fair Lawn NJ

I went to the Thanksgiving Party last Saturday at The Gluten Free Market and here is my review. The address of the store is 7-09 Fair lawn Avenue in Fair Lawn NJ. The party which really was a gluten free taste tasting was nice. There was a salad with GF Salad Dressing. I passed on this cause I wanted to try the rest of the goodies on display. I did try the gf dipps which they were sampling. I can't recall the names and they were only so-so on tastes. They had turkey with gravey which tasted great. They had GF stuffing and plenty of desserts from Mr Ritts and The Grainless Baker. Mr Ritts came all the way from Philadephia PA to discuss his products. I loved his Ginger Bread Man cookies and Im not even a big ginger bread man person. It was totally awesome. Tasted like the real thing. I bought a package in the store for my self and my future mom in law (not even gluten intolerant) had to buy a box. I am glad I got to experience this Jersey City Celiac Meetup event.

Now for the store itself. The selection of products was amazing. You had products from all the leading GF companies. For once it was nice to be able to buy all your gf products in one place. They had many products that I always wanted to try but was only able to order them online which I prefer not doing except for Amazon.com which offers no shipping and amazing deals. Price wise the store seemed to be average priced to a bit pricer on certain items I usually buy.
My shopping bag included Glutino Pretzals (large Bag), Mr Rits Sugar Cookies Froozen dough 4lb package, S'Better Gluten Free Corn Dogs, Mr Rits Gingerbread men cookies, Joan's GF Bake Bagels, Mrs Leppers Lasgana meal and a bottle of Old Philly Orange Cream Flavored Soda.Over all if you live in the area I highly recommend this store where the owners are very nice and helpful and willing to answer all your questions.

No comments: